today at Fayes we're going to teach you how to make a jack-o-lantern:
This age old tradition was started in Norway when to celebrate the first . The folklore goes, that a village in a northern island off of Norway was having trouble with a monster that kept eating their pumpkin patches in October, the village decided to carve scary faces in them to keep the monster at bay, and it worked but then the village realized they had destroyed their pumpkin patch in the effort to save it. kind of like what's happening to our economy.
1) get a pumpkin
2) cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin
3) Don't bother scooping out the icky, it's a waste of time
4) get a bunch of firecrackers, like 4 pounds of them...better make it 6
5) put fire crackers in hole in pumpkin and light.
6) get real close so you can see it!
and viloa: jack-o-lantern